Saturday, September 22, 2012

back in business

Well, I've got a pretty decent backlog of projects lined up so I think I will try this blog thing back on for size.

For starters, I bought this classy moped from one of the Lafayettis at the beginning of the month:


It's pretty classy; I think she likes it. Still need to get it registered though. In the dis-assembly and loading into the Fiat at Phil's, I left behind a vital front break component. Until that turns up it's not really ride-able anyway :-(

While visiting the Patries, we also picked up my SP93 frame which Allison had generously paid to have painted and Phil had generously facilitated through his up-state connection. There were some issues with the forks because I had forgotten to take out the bushings AGAIN and the bushings shrink in the oven such that the forks freeze up.

These little bastards are hard to source


In the end, I sacrificed a set  and a half of 50V forks. Handibikes should have some NOS, but will probably be a while before I can get my hands on them.

Spent some time starting to put the SP93 back together -- there are a LOT of fasteners missing. probably they are all in the same box somewhere. New fasteners will look better anyway.



powder turned out pretty well -- definitely super inexpensive!! This frame was so rusted out it probably would have dissolved after a couple winters in the basement so at leas now it is safe.

Also, been doing a lot of racing in the NEMA series up in northern NY near Syracuse. So fun and so absurd -- currently ranked #2!!


Lots of projects for the winter, some secret, some not


No comments:

Post a Comment