I helped my friend work on his new AV92 for a couple hours. It's really cool to watch him start to learn about his bike.
Unfortunately it looks like the lighting coil on this ignition must be 12V and I blew out both head and tail lamps. 12V bulbs on the way and should be sorted. I had to take a rubber mallet to the pipe to bound the top in a bit so that I could get enough clearance for decent thread engagement on the header. I'll just have to keep an eye on it because I am not really excited about spending £68 on a stock AV10 exhaust. For that kind of money I'll just wait and but an expansion chambre once I'm back in the US.
For the record, my AV88 runs a MES or E10 style head lamp which is threaded and about 9.3mm in diameter at the threads.
The tail lamp is a BA15S which has two pins at the same level and is about 15mm in diameter.
No comments:
Post a Comment