I spent a couple hours today fitting my new AV10 motor onto my 1963 AV88. There were a few hiccups building the motor, but the fitment was pretty straightforward. I was mainly interested in comfort today, so I parked the AV88 up on the picnic table in our back garden.
So much more civilized this way; the closest thing I have to a proper work bench here in Manchester.
When I was hanging the motor, I found I had to rotate the top of the 15mm SHA to about 1 o' clock or so to allow complete variation. other than that, it all went on fine. It does look a little silly with that big square AV10 barrel under the little round AV10 head.
I did run into some issues with the exhaust: Unfortunately the curve on the AV88 style exhaust is too agressive and the silencer hits the exhaust mount before I can thread in the header nut more than 4 or 5 threads. I'll ride it for now, but it is going to need a different exhaust before it is really usable.
Here are some pictures of the AV10 case I am using, notice that there is no shelf for the seals like I am used to seeing on AV7 cases (or the Polini AV10 case).
Kind of weird, I wonder why they did it this way? Maybe just so you could replace the seals without breaking down the whole bottom end?
No comments:
Post a Comment